The midterm test made me feel I need more understanding in Structural and Well-ordering Induction.
I googled on line but could not find much useful explanation. But luckily I remembered we have a discussion board. I went to the discussion board and found with no surprise that I was not the only one who did not understand Structural and Well-ordering Induction well. In the specific tag, somebody provided a pdf that explain Structural and Well-ordering Induction. I opened the file and as I read through, I found this file very helpful. It solved my problems that when should I use Well-ordering Induction and also explain the difference between Structual induction and Simple Induction. To my undertstanding, Structural Induction could use Simple Induction as an approach to prove things. If we want to prove something that has a specific structure, we could use Structural Induction.
Well-ordering Induction is more likely to use during a provement. It does not like Simple Induction or Complete Induction that have a certain format, it is used as a part of the provement. I remembered professor Heap said it is more often used in the material we are going to learn in a few weeks.
没有评论:
发表评论