So as I said, I went to professor Heap's office hour for the assignment.
There were five or six people waiting in the line. I was hoping they were all coming for this assignment because this way I could hear more about the assignment. ^_^
So when it was my turn, I talked to professor Heap about my question. He thought for a few second and told me my problem was that if I did it in my way then I was not proving what supposed to be proved in the question. I was proving the other way around. I was confused at first, because I thought my logic was correct, but after professor Heap explained to me once and once again, I suddenly realized where did I go wrong. It was to prove "any binary string that begins and ends with the same bit has an even number of occurrences of substrings from {01; 10}" but what I did was to make a provement for "any binary string that has an even number of occurrences of substrings from {01; 10} begins and ends with the same bit." My induction hypothesis made my conclusion go to the other way around and this was why I felt my induction step was wierd but could not tell how.
After I solved my question, I stayed in professor Heap's office and listened to other students' comments or questions. I liked this atmosphere. It made me feel like I had a wide range of knowledge, like our professor, ^_^ and I felt confident to talk in a group. I also liked to learn with people and listen to their questions becasue everyone may have different idea and thoughts and we can always make a supplement to each other. It helps everyone to progress on study.
没有评论:
发表评论